Top 6 Most Common Criminal Charges In Summerlin, NV
Here at the Spartacus Law Firm, we have a passionate team of professionals who are determined to construct an effective defense for you. Our Summerlin criminal defense lawyer will collaborate with you in order to create a conclusive case that establishes your innocence. We also bring many years of experience when it comes to dealing with hundreds of criminal cases, giving us unparalleled insight into how judges, juries, and prosecutors decide on verdicts. In Summerlin, Nevada, and the surrounding areas, some of the most common criminal charges include:
- DUI (Driving Under the Influence) – This is a criminal charge that is brought against individuals who are caught driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Domestic Violence – This refers to violent or abusive behavior towards a family member, partner, or spouse.
- Theft – This refers to the taking of property that belongs to another person without their permission, with the intention of permanently depriving them of the property.
- Drug Possession – This is a criminal charge that is brought against individuals who are found in possession of illegal drugs.
- Battery – This refers to the intentional use of force or violence against another person.
- Traffic Violations – This refers to a wide range of offenses that take place on roads and highways, such as speeding, running red lights, and reckless driving.
It’s worth noting that the specific types of criminal charges and their frequency can vary depending on various factors, such as the time of year, the specific location within Summerlin, and local law enforcement priorities.
Differences Between Misdemeanors And Felonies In Nevada
Las Vegas has certain evidentiary and due process requirements that must be met before an individual can be convicted of a crime. The Spartacus Law Firm recognizes when prosecutors are unable to present sufficient evidence or attempt to use inadmissible evidence against someone during a trial. Our Summerlin criminal defense attorney is devoted to safeguarding your rights as you face potential charges for misdemeanors or felonies in Nevada. Below are some of the key differences between felonies and misdemeanors in Nevada.
The stakes are high for Nevada felony charges, as penalties may include life in prison. It’s essential to act quickly and contact a seasoned criminal defense attorney in Summerlin, Nevada so you can ensure the best possible outcome in court. With an experienced legal team on your side, you have a better chance of obtaining justice that is justly deserved. If you are looking for legal success, The Spartacus Law Firm is your top choice. Our in-depth knowledge of the law allows them to navigate any common hiccups within the justice system that have been known to challenge those facing serious charges. Moreover, they will ensure that all of your Constitutional rights and protections are secured with tenacity.
Misdemeanor crimes in Nevada are seen as less severe in Nevada, and typical consequences are a fine, probation, community service, or restitution. Although misdemeanors don’t have the automatic potential for prison time as felonies do, you can still get jail time as part of your sentence. So, it’s critical that you put together a foolproof defense against misdemeanor charges to avert any negative outcome.
Representing Professionals Facing Criminal Charges
Professional licensing may vary between industries, yet many of the grievances submitted against licensed individuals are often comparable. Such offenses as substance abuse, sexual assault, malpractice, operating outside of their professional parameters, and a conflict of interest are frequently cited among complaints made toward these professionals.
Our criminal defense attorney in Summerlin, NV is prepared to battle for professionals of many industries so they can maintain their license even after a conviction. The licensing board may investigate your history if you have been convicted of a crime and whether it will restrict your abilities at work; however, with our legal services, we are devoted to ensuring that doesn’t happen. A few professions we frequently represent include:
- Real Estate Brokers
- Real Estate Appraisers
- Mortgage Brokers
- Funeral Directors
- Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Day Care Providers
- Engineers and Land Surveyors